The Controller will oversee the company’s financial strategy, corporate accounting, tax filings, financial reporting and analysis, budgeting/forecasting, audit management, and the continual development of internal financial control policies and procedures. This person will work cross-functionally Order Fulfillment, Inventory and Inbound Supply Chain Teams under the guidance of the CFO, as well as Executive Leadership.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Maintain Financial Controls and Accounting Procedures
- Manage all Accounting Operations and Compliance
- Identify Opportunities for Process Improvement
- Manage all Financial Statements and Reporting
- Accounting Operations
- Responsible for the general accounting and internal reporting function, which includes inter-company accounting, auditing, cash management/reconciliation, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable process.
- Responsible for closing multiple entities in accordance with a monthly, quarterly, close cycle.
- Make certain that all accounting transactions are executed and recorded with appropriate internal approval and that the assets of the Company are safeguarded.
- Internal Controls
- Oversee internal controls to ensure timely, accurate and reliable financial statement and reporting, and to ensure that policies and procedures meet other organization objectives and needs.
- Proactively communicate meaningful financial information to both local management and corporate management to enable them to make prudent decisions.
- Team Management
- Foster a culture that encourages the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior in all business activities.
- Effectively manage, motivate, and train assigned staff and provide regular status of work-in-progress responsibilities to the CFO.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- 7-10 years’ experience of senior accounting or financial management role
- 7-10 years’ experience in a Management role.
- Recent experience in consumer goods industry required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics GreatPlains preferred.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient with MS Office (Advanced Excel required).
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to patiently and efficiently perform in a fast-paced environment and handle and manage multiple workloads, priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Abbyson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyson complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Company Details Website: www.abbyson.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/AbbysonLiving Instagram: www.instagram.com/abbysonliving Twitter: www.twitter.com/AbbysonLiving
- We Hustle and Refuse to Settle
- We Encourage Each Other
- We Love Positive Energy
- We Work “All Together Now”
- We Think Big!
We put a lot of effort into hiring the best people, allowing us to have a group of individuals with similar objectives – employees that are always looking to improve themselves and help push the company forward. We work openly and cross-functionally because it enables us to build relationships together and win as a team. We believe in a culture that promotes collaboration, emphasizes an atmosphere of innovation, and encourages nothing but positivity.
- Be Innovative and Creative
- Discuss New Ideas, Contributions and Share Feedback
- Celebrate Daily Victories and Company Victories
- Think Win/Win and Synergize
- Collaborate, Communicate and Create Visibility
- Healthcare Packages
- Retirement Plans
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- Exclusive Employee Lounge
- Holiday Festivities
- Birthday Celebrations
- Employee Discounts
- Monthly Company Meetings