Abbyson is looking for a dynamic individual to join as the A/R & Collections Manager to lead our growing Accounting Team! This person will develop and manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s Accounts Receivable cycle implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts receivable business functions and procedures for the Accounts Receivable collection process.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration
- A/R Internal Controls
- Internal Auditing
- Customer Disputes & Claims Management
- Customer Disputes/Claims
- Direct the research and adjustments of chargebacks by partnering with external teams and sales execs to identify root cause for prompt resolution.
- Summarize monthly deductions via management dashboard, showing open deductions by customer and type, with emphasis on "unauthorized" payment deductions, open balances with steps to collect/clear items.
- Make recommendations for corrective actions by identifying gaps, trends, and areas of improvement to prevent similar claims arising from the same customer(s).
- Implement reporting, matrix, KPI, and analysis to exec management related to customer claims/chargebacks.
- Communicate with customers to reconcile customer deductions and settle/write off valid trade deductions according to GAAP guidelines. Dispute/process for chargebacks if not valid.
- Post customer payments and accurately enter deduction status, types, reason codes and comments in GP system along with proper documentation.
- Internal Controls
- Maintain records of cash flow and outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Execute and oversee Internal Auditing procedures.
- Develop, direct, plan and evaluate accounts receivable policies and procedures and ensures external and internal controls and polices are adhered to.
- Research and determine appropriate backup support and proof of performance for all deduction claims. Request additional support documentation from customers as needed and/or work with customer websites to obtain deduction documentation.
- Coordinate with sales, customer service and/or logistics for validation and approval of claims. Process for chargeback if not valid.
- Prepare credit memos for any approved adjustments such as shortages, price discrepancies, promotions, concealed shortages, duplicate invoices, etc. and ensure supporting documents and backups are included.
- Liaise with sales, customer service, logistics, and customers to maximize the recovery and prevention of chargebacks.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in successful track record Accounts Receivable Management with direct customer contact.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Management role.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics GreatPlains preferred.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient with MS Office (Advanced Excel required).
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Abbyson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyson complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Company Details Website: www.abbyson.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/AbbysonLiving Instagram: www.instagram.com/abbysonliving Twitter: www.twitter.com/AbbysonLiving
- We Hustle and Refuse to Settle
- We Encourage Each Other
- We Love Positive Energy
- We Work “All Together Now”
- We Think Big!
We put a lot of effort into hiring the best people, allowing us to have a group of individuals with similar objectives – employees that are always looking to improve themselves and help push the company forward. We work openly and cross-functionally because it enables us to build relationships together and win as a team. We believe in a culture that promotes collaboration, emphasizes an atmosphere of innovation, and encourages nothing but positivity.
- Be Innovative and Creative
- Discuss New Ideas, Contributions and Share Feedback
- Celebrate Daily Victories and Company Victories
- Think Win/Win and Synergize
- Collaborate, Communicate and Create Visibility
- Healthcare Packages
- Retirement Plans
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- Exclusive Employee Lounge
- Holiday Festivities
- Birthday Celebrations
- Employee Discounts
- Monthly Company Meetings