The Accounts Payable & Auditing Manager’s main objective is simple – focus on the company’s largest outgoing payments to the most important vendors & partnerships, and ensure they are accurate. The Accounts Payable & Auditing Manager communicates professionally, collaboratively but persistently, with management and other departments including but not limited to vendor relations and management, invoice entry and processing, disbursements, expense report reimbursements, departmental reporting, 1099s, tax related matters, compliance and other related duties. This position works closely with the Accounting Manager and Controller to ensure all A/P functions, discrepancies, vendor invoices and compliance are aligned with department objectives.
- Manage, audit and protect the company’s outgoing payables
- Cross-functional Communication and Collaboration
- Oversee Vendor Relations
- Oversee Departmental Reporting Objectives
- Establish, Monitor and Oversee A/P Operations
- Manage the payment process of vendor invoices, expense reports, check requests and other disbursements.
- Oversee proper coding of payments to appropriate general ledger accounts for accurate posting, including multi-department cost allocations.
- Ensure that all vendor invoices are appropriately approved prior to payment according to established company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Manage communication process with internal customers and outside vendors regarding invoice inquiries/discrepancies and payment status.
- Maintain an accurate Accounts Payable aging the agrees to the General Ledger at the end of each month.
- Manage and drive improvements to retail P&L, including revenue, margin and expense improvement.
- Maintain awareness of business process and implement changes where necessary to maximize efficiency and control.
- Improve and streamline processes across groups for a responsive, efficient, and well performing organization.
- Develop business objectives and plans (and related key performance indicators), in alignment with Company/Organization goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Wholesale/consumer goods industry is preferred.
- Inbound/Outbound Logistics experience is preferred.
- 5-7 years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- 3-5 years in Management role required.
- Experience in internal and external auditing preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting, business, or other related discipline.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Concur Expense Reporting systems is preferred
- Strong organizational skills; a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task.
- Advanced/Expert Level in Microsoft Excel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Abbyson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyson complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Company Details Website: www.abbyson.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/AbbysonLiving Instagram: www.instagram.com/abbysonliving Twitter: www.twitter.com/AbbysonLiving
- We Hustle and Refuse to Settle
- We Encourage Each Other
- We Love Positive Energy
- We Work “All Together Now”
- We Think Big!
We put a lot of effort into hiring the best people, allowing us to have a group of individuals with similar objectives – employees that are always looking to improve themselves and help push the company forward. We work openly and cross-functionally because it enables us to build relationships together and win as a team. We believe in a culture that promotes collaboration, emphasizes an atmosphere of innovation, and encourages nothing but positivity.
- Be Innovative and Creative
- Discuss New Ideas, Contributions and Share Feedback
- Celebrate Daily Victories and Company Victories
- Think Win/Win and Synergize
- Collaborate, Communicate and Create Visibility
- Healthcare Packages
- Retirement Plans
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- Exclusive Employee Lounge
- Holiday Festivities
- Birthday Celebrations
- Employee Discounts
- Monthly Company Meetings